Friday, September 22, 2017

Jim Carey Paintings (All Classes)

Jim Carrey: I Needed Color from JC on Vimeo.

https://vimeo.com/226379658

http://people.com/celebrity/jim-carrey-painting/

Jim Carrey Reveals His Impressive Art Talents in New Mini Documentary: See His Vibrant Paintings
Jim Carrey is a man of many talents.
While most fans know the actor for his comedic work on screen, a new documentary short is introducing the world to Carrey, the painter.
Carrey, who’s been drawing and painting since he was a child, puts his artwork on display in a new documentary short called I Needed Color. In it, Carrey reveals his love of painting — and how it helps him connect to his “inner life.”

“You can tell what I love by the color of the paintings,” he says in the video, posted to Vimeo. “You can tell my inner life by the darkness in some of them and you can tell what I want from the brightness in some of them.”
The actors says he first started painting as a way to cope during an emotionally hard time.
“I sketched all the time, but I didn’t do a lot of painting,” he says. “Suddenly, 6 years ago, at a time when I was trying to heal a broken heart, I decided, ‘Well, maybe I’ll paint.’ ”
And he’s been hooked ever since.
“When I really started painting a lot, I had become so obsessed that there was no where to move in my home,” he says. “Paintings were everywhere. I found myself looking around, it was a really bleak winter in New York and it was just so depressing. And I think I needed color.”
He explains, “I like the independence of it. I love the freedom of it. No one else tells you what you can or can’t do, most of the time. And there’s an immediacy to it.”

Although the short film, directed by David Bushell was posted 2 weeks ago, it recently went viral with celebrities such as LeBron James, Jane the Virgin‘s Brett Dier and Supergirl’s Chyler Leigh tweeting their praise of Carrey’s work. 
-People Magazine August 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment